Thursday 8 July 2010

sewing, again



If you notice the list of blogs to the left, vintage fern is there. The author, Amy, is from Bountiful, in Utah; and she was part of the original charm square swap that inspired me to keep this record. A pattern review of hers was published in Sew Hip and I posted a copy of the magazine to her so she could have a hard copy.
And look what she sent in return! Really gorgeous fabrics, loving the birdie print!
Trying to deal with my procrastinating instinct, I wanted to make something for the baby. I have been lent a perfectly good moses basket... but I thought I'd re-jig the cutesy bear design. And I LOVED the use of black in the patchworks at the V & A. So - ta da!!
Maybe it doesn't say newborn to you... but I am quietly pleased. Keith is not so sure... I think. I used some recycled sheets, too. Yellow for a fitted sheet and brown (very Laura Ashley) sprigged for the back of the little 'blanket' that fits in the middle. The turquoise graphic sent by Amy worked really well as a binding to the black.

To make it, I just cut the old pieces apart and took a pattern from them. Haven't yet broken the news to the owner of the basket...

No comments:

Post a Comment