Thursday, 29 April 2010
Wednesday, 28 April 2010
It is near Hertford, so only around 30 minutes from us.
Monday, 26 April 2010
Sunday, 25 April 2010
Wednesday, 14 April 2010
today, things which are distracting me...
- tax return (i have until 21 april. that is now, then)
- toilet cleaning. we have three toilets in the house and with the boys, there is a lot of wiping over/ bleaching/ spraying and scrubbing involved. you would not believe how often this happens.
- an over-full larder cupboard and my resolution to use at least one tin or jar. it looks like this.
- fun stuff with the boys. we made this yesterday from a pack of squidgy clay from wilkos. (£1.49!)
- and enjoying the lovely weather we are having.
Monday, 12 April 2010
- easter eggs - big, small and mini
- animal crackers
- lollipops left from last years summer party (i have been avoiding giving them out!)
- fizzy sweets from last half term
- easter choc lollipops.
boys happy for time being.. lots of reminders from me that they aren't actually going to eat their bounty. which i think they are taking on board.
Friday, 9 April 2010
and we have been looking after owen and eddie while their family is on holiday for the week. great names for pets - after friends from school!
the boys have been over the moon! freddie was up at 5.45 (!) wanting to go down and see them this morning. i let him out the back door at 6.45, on the proviso that he would say hello but not let them out. hmmmm.
after about 5 separate attempts, i got them into their outside run.
proving to be a little mischievous, these two. but lots of fun.
Thursday, 8 April 2010
plus other goodies: pretty fabric, a lavender bag, seeds and card. i think the seeds have been misplaced by the boys... i just need to hunt them out now the weather is improving.
thank you so much, sarah. and also to louise from sew scrumptious who organised all of us! it really helped pep up my blog/ craft interests.
Wednesday, 7 April 2010
- flower seeds (nightscented stock)
- spinach seeds
- cherry/ flower printed fabric bucket with yo yos
- lavender wings
- fat quarter of paisley/ flowery fabric
- scratchable plant labels
- spotty ribbon
- flower chocolates
Saturday, 3 April 2010
Friday, 2 April 2010
i found this site via mumsnet. ksbkidswow! and great prices, too. there are lots of lovelies for girls including really sweet stripey leggings.
here is the package which arrived last week... orange and purple long sleeved tops (sale - £6 each) and short sleeved green and navy (£8).
and here are the boys in the bath with goggles. i was chatting to another mum at swimming lessons can't rave enough about kids and goggles. if you have trouble with your children getting water in their eyes, try goggles and get them used to wearing them with bath-play. the boys have come on so far... and Fred was so anti-splashing before!
Thursday, 1 April 2010
here they are in the tin, for Fred to take in - note the sponge WITHOUT coconut... i ran out at around 9pm.
look at how organised i am.. it all looks so tidy, ready to go.
this is the first piece of sponge, broken in the icing. (before you ask, yes i did leave the sponge in the fridge overnight to firm up... maybe two days is better.)
The ANZAC biscuits were much more straightforward... easy oat/butter/golden syrup stirred together and baked. do try them! anzac recipe