Wednesday 30 November 2011

moving day?

All a bit weary here. So thought I would share a photo from mum's albums. Here we are meeting Father Christmas in Shark Bay, Western Australia. We were brought up on a sheep station in the far north of WA. You may have seen this pic before but I haven't anything new at the mo!

Mum made our costumes. I am the slinky flapper. With a cigarette and long, glamorous holder. I remember wanting to have sparkly shoes to go with my finery but had to make do with navy clarks.

We are waiting forever for our house to exchange. Deadlines seem to come and go. And now looking to exchange and complete on the same day - this Friday. A bit fraught here. The day off school with strikes didn't help. But they do have my support. We went to the zoo instead, then Gus couldn't throw himself off the piles of boxes all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment