Thursday 3 May 2012

jubilee loveliness


I am back to a little sewing at the moment. And a frenzy of cutting out for some jubilee bunting. You can't go wrong with the old red, white and blue... I have mixed up some new celebration fabrics (I bought them locally in a great shop in Hemel - www.patchworkcorner.co.uk) plus some old favourites including the stars and the vintage blue flowers you can see. It is amazing how much better the old rotary cutter works with a sharp blade - lethal that it is though. I am notorious for slicing my finger whenever Keith sharpens the set of Global knives we have. so am keeping my fingers away!

I am making rosettes (£4) and strings of 3m bunting (£18). All beautifully finished, of course! Let me know if you would like to place an order. If you read this blog you'll know that my creativity comes in spurts so there is no guarantee of lots of these being made! I get a little distracted by ... children, fundraising, job applications, washing the floor... you know what I mean.


1 comment:

  1. The colours are delightful and tho I can't make room for any more bunting I wish you well in your sales.

    ReplyDelete