Friday 25 September 2009

Sightseeing... update.



We have had my lovely friend Karlee and her daughter, Felicity, staying with us. It has been great (and a little busy!) We headed into London, visited Waddesdon Manor (always a fave) and spent today in Cambridge. What a beautiful city, and the weather was glorious.



We'd recommend taking a guided punt down the river to look at Kings College and Trinity and all the rest which I've forgotton, good lunch at the Mitre pub, pretty shops and a market...I was congratulating myself on a great day hosting the visitors when we jumped on the Park and Ride bus. To spend a ridiculous two and a half hours in traffic. To cover a 10 min journey. MMMMMM.


We raced back here to join Keith for fish and chips (Freddie had stayed an extra 1 1/2 hrs at a friend's house!!) before preparing for our early morning start to Paris.


So, phew. I am looking forward to falling into bed after choosing a perfect capsule wardrobe for Paris (that will be the only 2 things I have ironed, then). I am going to meet up with Katy from Sycamore Stirrings http://sycamorestirrings.blogspot.com/ (she of the charm quilt exchange). We will be by the macaroon shop. Wow!



So here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment