Tuesday 3 April 2012

our easter cake



Just put this in the oven... I know it is not traditional but I can't go past this lovely recipe from Nigella for a fruit cake. We have used it for Christmas, for an anniversary cake and as a gift in the past. When it is cooked, I'm going to roll out some marzipan for the top and it will be an Easter cake!




As everything goes straight into a saucepan it is quick and there is little washing up to do. Plus the fruit simmers in butter and sugar - so it is super moist.


(I have come back to add a picture... and this is the only piece we have left! I used a little silver glitter, egg shaped marzipan plus the last few sugar decorations I been saving - really lovely buttons, butterflies, flowers - made from crystallized sugar)





No comments:

Post a Comment