Friday 2 October 2009

kebabs for the boys


The boys always love any sort of hamburger, and this time I borrowed Delia's Shami Kebab recipe for inspiration. I actually had a bit of get-up-and-go beofre dinner, enough to throw this together. (Usually I am so uninspired! Please don't think this is an everyday thing in our house.)

I was supposed to include 1 drained tin of lentils... but I didn't have them ... just 8 tins of red kidney beans, for some reason.

Anyway, I used
400 g minced lamb
1 red onion, chopped finely
1 generous tblsp curry powder

1 tsp each crushed cumin, coriander seeds, salt, fresh ground pepper
(should have added egg. none of those, either!)

Mix up well, mold into small patties and place in a frying pan with 2 tbsp hot oil.
We have a huge frying pan, bought cheaply from Nisbetts, a catering company, and I was able to do the whole lot in one batch.
Cook until well done and then drain on paper towel.






The boys enjoyed theirs with hummous, lettuce and cucumber. I snuck a couple with tzatziki. And toasted wholemeal pitta bread.






No comments:

Post a Comment